Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't let schooling interfere with your education. - Mark Twain

I love this quote from Mark Twain, since it seems to embody my week; as well as my time in Spain.

Monday I got to campus on time; even a little early! I ran into Alexandra and her roommate on their way to class. I didn't have a class yet, so I joined them. We are allowed to 'try out' classes here to see if they work. We went to class and waited. And waited. And waited. No class. *sigh*

So I went and got a coffee in prep for my next class. There was class, but we ended up starting about half an hour later because the class before us was watching a movie. But this class is always interesting. However, today, the prof had us do something, and NONE of us knew what was going on. But we plugged through and got through class.

After that, I didn't have anymore classes for the day, so I came home. During lunch with Begona and Irene, we found out that in the paper that morning, there was an ad for cheap plane tickets. I had just been reading more about all the towns that Gaudi had built something in or renovated something. I was able to buy a ticket to Palma de Mallorca, a little island off the coast by Barcelona, for only $60. He restored the inside of it. I am going by myself for only a Saturday/Sunday just to see the cathedral, and the other sites, of Palma de Mallorca. So I am really excited.

Tuesday I woke up and realized that I forgot to set my alarm. I woke up only 10 min before the bus would arrive at the stop. I threw some clothes on and ran to the bus stop. The bus was late. I get to the classroom with only minutes to spare, only to realize...yes, you guessed right. There was no class. I was upset. I was not feeling well, had to hurry all morning, just to find this out. So I went home and went back to sleep. I just rested the whole day too. Was not in the mood to do anything.

Wednesday we bought tickets to go to Barcelona. Yes, you heard me right. Alexandra, Elise and I are taking the night bus to Barcelona. Will get there at about 7 am. Then we will be there till Saturday night, when we will take the bus back to Burgos. Will get back at about 3. That's right. In the morning. Hopefully I will learn more in Barcelona these next couple of days than I have learned all week!

Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment